Monday, April 8, 2013

Would You Just Listen???

This week, my daughter who is two and a half years old, would ignore pretty much everything my wife and I would  tell her not to do. We would tell her to not touch something for her own good, she would not listen, and in one extreme case, my wife told her to not drink the soap, and she did it anyway. After drinking the soap she got sick and threw up everything she had eaten that day. When I was holding her and trying to comfort her, I thought to myself, is this what we do to our Heavenly Father? Does he keep telling us to not do some things for our own good, yet we keep ignoring him, till we get hurt? Think about this for a minute, as a parent I don't want my daughter hurt in any way, but I also want her to listen to me when I ask her to do things that are for her own good. When she doesn't listen, it hurts my heart, and when she hurts herself because of not listening to me, it hearts my heart even more.

What if we listen to God more carefully and obey Him? Have you tried paying attention to what He is telling you not to do lately? If not, know that when you ignore Him, you will get hurt because you will make wrong decisions, and more than that you will hurt His heart. He loves you way more than wanting to see you get hurt and He wants to embrace you in His arms.

John 8:47 
Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.

John 10:27-28
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment