Monday, March 4, 2013

Appreciate The Moment


I was thinking recently about all the good and bad things in my life that have happened in the past and thinking to myself how I wish I had some moments back, and how I wish to not ever experience some of them again. As I was thinking about this though, I was reminded that I do not live for the past, but for the future.
It is hard to learn to appreciate the moments and be thankful for all the good memories you have. Yet it is easy to be dissatisfied with what you have right now and forget all the blessings you have had.

It is never too late to start though, you can start recalling your good memories and giving thanks to God for them. It could be as simple as remembering a good time with your wife, kid(s), family, or a friend and thanking God that you got a chance to have those times. Life does not always go the way we like it to go, but learning to appreciate good moments and creating lasting memories out of them can help us go through hard times much easier. Because we will know that all things pass, weather good or bad.


Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

No comments:

Post a Comment