Sunday, October 21, 2012

Can’t be Nice

On Friday, while my daughter who is almost two years old was tired, I was trying to talk to her and sing some songs with her, but she kept being mean to me. So, my wife told her, “baby, please be nice to daddy”. She immediately replied, “I can’t, this is my story! Sorry!”. My wife and I had a good laugh, but as I thought about her comment, I realized that this is exactly what we tell God when He wants us to do something that we don’t want to do. We simply ignore Him, and tell Him that we are going to write our own story. The problem is that when we actually write our own stories, we keep failing, but our heavenly Father, never gives up on us. He still lifts us up and gently asks us to be nice to our Daddy..
“For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” (Isaiah 41:13)

1 comment:

  1. Your stories are better than hers anyway.

    ReplyDelete