Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas Indeed

Today I asked someone I know if she had a good Christmas! She replied, “We don’t celebrate Christmas! Christmas is a man made holiday! Jesus was not born on the 25th of December! It is wrong to celebrate Christmas!”

Her words made me think about Christmas! The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I need Christmas! It is true that I don’t know the exact day and moment of Jesus’ birth, but I can rejoice with my fellow believers, on December 25th that a savior was born! After all, isn’t that the whole reason for the season?

Our savior was born to bring us salvation! I want to rejoice and celebrate his birth, every Christmas, regardless of the fact that it’s a man made date and not Jesus’ true Birthday! I want to remember that Jesus was born to save me!

 

image

 

 

Merry belated Christmas and a Happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment