Monday, November 29, 2010

Undeserved Love

        Last weekend we were honored to bring our new born daughter home from the hospital for the first time. My wife and I love her so much and like most parents we have prepared her a room and are willing to give her anything she needs and even lay our lives down for her if needed.

        This reminded me of the fact that our daughter has not done anything to deserve our love other than coming to this world. She doesn’t even understand the concept of loving us back yet.

John 15:9
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.

      The more I think about it, the more I realize that our  heavenly Father’s love is the same way for us. We have not done anything to deserve his love; yet he loves us and blesses us. He even loved us so much that he gave his only son for us to take our sins from us. The love of the Father for us is an undeserved love. We have done absolutely nothing to deserve it, yet He keeps loving us.

1 John 3:1
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

1 John 4:10
This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment